Slipstream Cyber is a 100% Sovereign Australian owned and organisation headquartered in Perth with a growing presence in Queensland, Victoria and New South Wales and clients nationwide. With more than 40 staff across multiple cyber security disciplines, Slipstream Cyber Security currently has several opportunities within our Security Operations Centre for Cyber Defence Analysts to join our rapidly growing team operating alongside the core Cyber Risk and Governance consulting, Digital Forensics, and Incident Response business.
We believe in Excellence, Courage, Professionalism and Humility.
This role is for you, if:
- You want to start or shift into your cyber security career
- Like to create and innovate collaboratively
- Are looking for a challenge in a dynamic and supportive environment
- Are naturally curious and have a genuine thirst for knowledge
You will have either completed or are studying towards a relevant degree, have a solid foundation of written and verbal communication skills, time management and note taking. A base understanding of networking, operating systems and hardware are core to a security operations team member.
Industry certifications including SPLUNK, Microsoft, VMware and Amazon Web Services will be highly regarded however Slipstream supports continuous learning and will strongly support the right candidate in achieving relevant certifications.
Slipstream Cyber Security will provide practical hands-on experience and a structured on-the-job training framework that will provide you with the necessary skills to succeed. As our business continues to expand, there will be opportunities for career progression.
The positions are Perth based with flexible working arrangements, offering both permanent and casual opportunities.
You will be a good fit if
- You genuinely want to help people against an evolving threat landscape
- You are adaptable and a good team player
- You are passionate about learning and developing and are willing to grow with Slipstream
- You enjoy tackling new challenges and solving problems
- You are honest, enjoy a good laugh and brings positive, inclusive professionalism to work every day.
As a Cyber Defence Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Applying analytical and technical skills to monitor network, device and cloud activity across multiple customers using our internally developed tools and industry-leading technology platforms
- Perform threat hunting to proactively identify malicious activity and potential threats.
- Incident response, including liaising with internal teams, clients and/or ICT operation teams.
- Triage and assess impact and exploitability of vulnerabilities and provide support on remediation activities.
- Analyse and determine root cause of security breaches
- Investigate, document and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
The position requires the successful applicant to be an Australian Citizen and be eligible to obtain a Commonwealth of Australia security clearance.
Slipstream is committed to workplace equity, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
By submitting your application, you consent to such information being collected, held, used, and disclosed in accordance with the Company’s Privacy & Confidentiality Policy.
Send us a message
If you have skills in these or similar disciplines, get in touch by filling out the form. We welcome applications for general interest, internships and other opportunities which will allow you to gain exposure to careers in cyber security.