As a result of our recent growth across the business, we have a newly created position within the Consultancy team. Whilst our head office is in Perth, candidates from other locations in Australia, operating on working from home arrangements, are encouraged to apply.
We are seeking consultants with rounded experience in the information security ecosphere, an in-depth understanding of the application of security frameworks, good technical knowledge, and experience across multiple industry sectors.
About the role
As a Senior Security Consultant, your responsibilities include, but not limited to;
- Independently deliver cyber security consulting engagements related to security risk and governance. In particular, be able to deliver cyber risk and maturity assessments (using frameworks such as NIST and ISO27001).
- Engage with the customer stakeholders at various levels, including external parties such as IT service providers, vendors or government agencies.
- Provide advice as a subject matter expert (SME) on various security operational processes (such as incident management, vulnerability management, system hardening, etc.)
- Provide expert advice on best practice implementation of security controls
- Act as a key trusted Security Governance and Assurance Liaison/Facilitator for key stakeholders, vendors and suppliers.
- Provide guidance delivering improvements of security controls’ effectiveness and coverage by assessing and applying security standards.
- Support the sales team in business development opportunities, including presales calls with customers, and articulating verbally and in proposals project deliverables.
- Interface with internal business units (active defence and DFIR) to deliver quality integrated services.
What you’ll bring to the team
- You have intrinsic self-initiative to ‘figure it out’ and do your best to meet your goals.
- You are adaptable and multi-talented. Since we are still in the early stages of growing our business, we want to see a willingness to go above and beyond the day-to- requirements to see Slipstream succeed.
- You care passionately about customer success and helping them achieve the best outcomes.
- You like to have fun. We care about the image we present to our customers, and teammates. We want someone who is genuine, likes having a good laugh, and brings positive, inclusive professionalism to work every day.
Necessary skills and qualification 5+ Years’ working in a consulting capacity
- Minimum 3 years within the cyber security sector.
- In depth understanding of Information Security Risk Management including a detailed understanding of ISO27001 and ISO31000.
- Strong knowledge and experience across range of security standards and frameworks (e.g., CIS, NIST, ASD8, CPS-234, PCI DSS, ISO 27001)
- Solid understanding of Data Privacy, the Australian Privacy Act and associated regulations, including government standards and frameworks, and international standards such as GDPR
- Solid understanding of the following business streams – SIEM, MDR, Cloud Security, DFIR, Threat Intelligence, Penetration Testing
- High levels of motivation and drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills
- Exceptional skills in the areas of teamwork, coaching, inclusion and listening
- Industry certifications including CISSP, CISM, CRISC, ISO27001 lead auditor etc will be highly regarded.
Note: Slipstream supports continuous learning and will strongly support the right candidate in achieving relevant certifications.
Slipstream is committed to workplace equity, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
By submitting your application, you consent to such information being collected, held, used, and disclosed in accordance with the Company’s Privacy & Confidentiality Policy.
Send us a message
If you have skills in these or similar disciplines, get in touch by filling out the form. We welcome applications for general interest, internships and other opportunities which will allow you to gain exposure to careers in cyber security.